Types of Motorcycle Accidents in Nassau County
As a motorcyclist, you have the right to enjoy riding around Nassau County, and should be able to safely share the road with other vehicles and drivers. Unfortunately, due to the small size of motorcycles, many motorcyclists are often involved in serious accidents, which can cause catastrophic injuries. At The Law Offices of Charles R. Gueli, we have represented countless injured motorcyclists who have come to us for help.
Some of the most common types of motorcycle accidents our firm has seen include:
- Head-on collisions—This is when a car strikes a motorcycle from the front. These kinds of crashes account for 56% of all motorcycle accident fatalities.
- Lane splitting—This is a common maneuver done by many motorcyclists, which involves driving between two lanes in slow traffic. Lane splitting can cause accidents because of the narrow space between cars and the probability that most drivers don't expect a motorcycle to pass them.
- Cars turning left in front of you—When a car makes a left turn, they sometimes fail to see an approaching motorcycle or fail to accurately judge their speed.
- Road hazards—Factors such as uneven pavement, slippery roads, potholes and other irregularities can catch a motorcyclist off guard and lead to an accident.
- Car changes lanes into the motorcyclist's lane—Because of the small size of motorcycles, in comparison to a regular-sized vehicle, many motorcyclists find themselves in a driver's blind spot. Drivers often change lanes without realizing there is a motorcycle in that lane.
Your Rights as An Injured Motorcyclist
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you should seek immediate medical assistance if you haven't done so already. You might think your injuries are not severe, but you may have sustained an internal injury that can only be detected by thorough medical examination. Equally as important to seeking medical care is to retain the services of our Nassau County personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
How can our personal injury attorney help you? As an injured motorcyclist, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries if your accident was caused by the negligence or recklessness of a driver, property owner or third party. Compensation could help you pay for all of the costs related to your motorcycle accident, such as medical bills, rehabilitative care and loss of income during your recovery period. Hiring legal representation at this moment can be pivotal to your personal injury case, since you will have someone knowledgeable guiding you through the personal injury claim-filing process. This can only maximize the possibility that you will obtain the compensation you need and deserve.
Contact The Law Offices of Charles R. Gueli Today
Our dedicated team has earned a reputation for providing one-on-one attention to all of our clients. This personalized attention is available 24/7, so you never have to be in the dark about your case or a question you may have. Adding to this peace of mind is knowing that you don't have to pay a dime unless we win your case. Aware of the fact that many of our clients are busy and have many personal obligations, we offer weekend and evening appointments to accommodate their needs.
For the skilled and proven legal representation you need, contact The Law Offices of Charles R. Gueli
today. We can explain your rights to you during a free case evaluation.