Slip and fall accidents can happen wherever hazardous conditions exist. That being said, some of the most common sites for slips, trips, and falls include grocery stores, restaurants, and parking lots. A spill or leaky freezer at your local Stop & Shop could result in a serious injury, and if employees don’t clean up food or drink spills right away, a restaurant or deli could quickly become the scene of a slip and fall accident. Similarly, many people fall into potholes or trip on uneven surfaces in poorly maintained parking lots.
Nevertheless, these 3 locations are not the only places slip and falls take place.
Other common slip and fall locations in and around Woodbury include:
- Bars and wineries, where spills and poor lighting can cause hazards
- Gyms and locker rooms – equipment and wet floors can be dangerous
- Swimming pools, such as the Central Valley Pool and the Earl Reservoir
- Retail stores, including malls like the Woodbury Common, department stores, and small businesses
- Golf courses like the Falkirk Estate & Country Club
- Museums and historical sites, such as Storm King Arts Center and Rushmore Library
- State parks, including Bear Mountain and George Washington Headquarters
- Public spaces – poorly maintained sidewalks or other hazards on public land could mean a claim against the government
- Hotels and resorts, where loose carpeting or wet floors can present risks to tourists
- Apartments and rental properties – your landlord could be at fault
- Private homes, where homeowner’s insurance covers most claims
- Workplaces and places of learning – accidents can even happen at the West Point academy
You can get hurt inside or outside of any of these locations. Snow and ice present a hazard in New York winters, and many accidents involve slippery stairs or walkways, stairways without handrails, and slush tracked inside.
All property owners or managers in New York State have a responsibility to keep visitors safe and maintain their premises safely.
If you are injured by a dangerous condition the property owner knew or should have known about, you may have grounds for a premises liability lawsuit.
To learn more about your rights and legal options, contact the Law Offices of Charles R. Gueli today.
Attorney Gueli has more than 2 decades of legal experience, primarily handling cases like yours, and our firm is available 24/7 to take your call.
Call us at (516) 628-6402 now to get the personalized attention and legal advice you deserve.