Nassau County Car Accident Attorney
Let Attorney Gueli Handle Your Injury Claim
Finding the cause of your car accident and who was responsible is the key to your personal injury case. Without being able to show liability, your claim can be denied or devalued. You need a dedicated Nassau County car accident lawyer to push for your rights to recover compensation after an accident.
For over 20 years, Charles R. Gueli has focused his efforts on personal injury law. Our firm's experience, along with our commitment to our clients, allows us to provide the high-level representation you need.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious or catastrophic injury as a result of an auto accident in Nassau County or Suffolk County, NY, call (516) 628-6402.
What Should You Do Immediately Following a Car Crash in Nassau County?
- Exchange Information. New York law obligates you to stop and exchange information with other drivers immediately after an accident. This includes providing the other parties involved with your driver’s license, insurance information, and registration. Of course, if you are too injured to move, you should remain still until medical personnel arrive on the scene.
- Do not admit to any fault in your interaction with other drivers. Even if you were partly to blame, refrain from apologizing as this may be construed by other parties as accepting blame and thereby voiding your chance at recovering damages.
- Call the police or 911 right away if anyone is injured or was killed in the accident. After police arrive on the scene, ask the officer for a copy of the accident report to file with your Nassau County personal injury lawyer.
- Take careful note of the accident scene. Photos of your vehicle and those of the other parties involved, the accident scene, and any injuries of yours can be significant help to placing fault with another driver and ensuring you recover fair compensation.
- Retain skilled legal counsel in the aftermath of a car accident. Our Nassau County car accident lawyer can keep you informed of your rights and fight to win the compensation you need to cover your losses.
When you need an accident lawyer in Nassau County, don't hesitate to contact the Law Offices of Charle R. Gueli. We are on your side! Call (516) 628-6402.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Personal injury cases revolve around the idea that someone lacked reasonable care, thereby causing your accident and subsequent injuries.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the leading causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- The use of cell phones or texting
- Driver fatigue
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving
- Weather and road conditions
Note, with the exception of weather, that all of these factors point to drivers who were negligent. Even on the subject of weather, if a driver does not take reasonable precautions when driving in extreme snow, rain, or wind, they may be found to be the cause of an accident. By far, the majority of incidents which resulted in severe injuries or wrongful deaths were due to driver negligence.
How We Fight for Your Compensation
We investigate exactly what occurred in your accident when necessary. Our legal team reviews the physical evidence as well as conducting accident-site investigations. Our Nassau County car accident attorneys review and analyze witness statements, police reports and other pertinent information.
We make prepare ourselves to take on all phases of your case, including preparing, presenting and negotiating your claim with insurers as we fight for maximum compensation. In many cases, it may entail bringing your case to trial to pursue the most favorable result.
Available 24/7 – Clients Are Our #1 Priority
Offering weekend and evening appointments, it is our goal to be available at all hours because we know that accidents do not just happen from 9am-5pm. Allow our qualified injury lawyer to provide you with the personalized legal attention you need so that you can focus on making a full recovery.
Contact a Nassau County car accident attorney at our firm to set up your free case evaluation!
Do I Need An Injury Attorney?
Understand the importance of having legal assistance to help you gain compensation for your injury.
Determine Your Case Worth
It is important to understand these five factors that come into account when filing an injury claim.
Benefits of Working With Us
You can expect to work directly with a skilled and dedicated legal team when you hire our firm.